Lead Neighbourhood Planner
Bassetlaw is an attractive District in north Nottinghamshire, with an interesting mix of urban and rural environments. We are a dynamic, forward thinking Local Authority, presently preparing a Local Plan and actively pursuing a growth agenda. The district is an exciting place to work given that it has a lot of development presently underway and a plethora of exciting projects planned for the future.
Based at our newly refurbished offices in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, we are looking for an individual who can preferably hit the ground running and make a positive contribution as part of our enthusiastic and progressive planning policy team. You will be the lead officer supporting Neighbourhood Plan groups across the district and coordinate Bassetlaw’s statutory duties in supporting neighbourhood plan making and provide the primary contact for those groups looking to develop a Neighbourhood Plan.
- Liaise with Neighbourhood Planning Groups to enable them to develop their own strategies for the development of their localities.
- To ensure neighbourhood plans effectively contribute to the development plan for the district in conjunction with the District Local Plan.
- To manage the authorities’ role and responsibilities in supporting Neighbourhood Plan formulation.
- To manage grant claims for the completion of Neighbourhood Plans.
- To attend meetings with internal and external bodies, members of the public, and council members to discuss Neighbourhood Plan issues and proposals.
- Represent the Council at Planning Committee, Hearings and Public Inquires when necessary.
We want to hear from you if you can offer:
- A thorough knowledge of neighbourhood planning legislation and procedures
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills.
- A minimum of 3 years planning experience and a professional qualification in town planning and/ or membership of RTPI or other suitable professional body associated with town planning.
- The ability to build positive relationships with members of the public.
- Strong interpersonal skills together with proven ability to analyse complex issues.
- A full current driving licence.
The benefits include flexitime, 24 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service, in addition to bank holidays and an extra day over the Christmas period (pro rata for part-time) and access to a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
To request an application pack, please click on the 'Apply Button' or email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote position reference number REG0828P on the application form and within all correspondence.
CLOSING DATE: 12.00 noon on Thursday 23 August 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed