Aylesbury Vale District Council – a great place to grow your career
INNOVATIVE AND EXCITING WORK
Aylesbury Vale District Council is one of the busiest planning authorities in the country, processing almost 4,000 applications each year, with 27,000 new homes planned by 2033.
- The District is also at the heart of multiple national infrastructure projects, including HS2, East-West Rail and the OxfordCambridge Expressway.
- Aylesbury was awarded Garden Town status in January 2017, offering a unique chance to ensure that as the town grows, Aylesbury and the surrounding area continues to thrive and be an attractive place to live, work and visit.
- AVDC is keen to reward excellent planning and celebrate the contribution of our planning officers. 2018 saw the 25th Anniversary of AVDC’s Design Awards, which celebrate the excellent designs seen across the district. Recent winners include Grand Designs' Dinton Castle.
CUSTOMER SERVICE - AT THE HEART OF WHAT WE DO
AVDC is developing innovative solutions and new roles to ensure consistently high levels of customer service and to guarantee a highquality built environment across the district.
- We have recently introduced account managers who work closely with major developers to act as dedicated points of contact, building long-lasting relationships and supporting future growth in the Vale.
- Regular forums are held for developers and agents to attend, where account managers provide an update on council services and plans for the future.
- The post of parish liaison officer was introduced in 2018. With 112 parish and town councils in the district, the liaison officer acts as a single point of contact between planners and parishes and allows local communities to easily communicate with one of the busiest planning authorities in the country.
- The parish liaison officer also sends regular updates to parishes and local members to inform them of changes and progress within the planning department, and carries out weekly drop-in sessions for local members to bring their queries to.
A SUPPORTIVE AND FLEXIBLE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
We have a growing and enthusiastic team comprising highly experienced planners and those at the very beginning of their careers.
- Our Grow Our Own scheme has successfully employed returners to the workforce as well as school-leavers.
- We are proud to offer a fantastic, family friendly place to work, with real opportunities to grow, whether you are returning to work or looking for a direction after leaving full-time education.
- In 2017, we introduced a graduate scheme for the first time, focusing on developing the next generation of planners.
- We operate a flexible working scheme, which includes the ability to work from home, work flexible hours and a range of other flexible and part-time working patterns.
- We have provided all officers with a structured path they can follow towards achieving higher levels of delegated authority, as well as professional development and progression.
- The team has a buddy system which sees each officer have a named colleague as a first point of contact for any technical questions, allowing knowledge and expertise to filter through the team, as well as providing opportunities for officers to mentor others.
- The buddy system is supplemented by regular planned drop-in sessions with senior and principal officers, meaning all staff can continually develop their technical knowledge.
COME AND WORK FOR US!
Take a look at what's currently available and apply via our website.
If you want to find out more about the exciting opportunities available at AVDC please call Hannah Peacock on 01296 585271 (MonFri 9.00am to 5.30pm) or email email@example.com