Senior Highways Development Control Officer
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are currently working on behalf of one of the local authorities in Berkshire that require an experienced Highways Development Control Officer. With a growing and fast-paced transport department, they are looking for a talented individual to join the expanding Team which provides Transport Planning comments and appraisal services to large scale housing/commercial developments in the Borough.
You will be an experienced specialist working closely with key internal stakeholders, development management and external organisations on transport planning issues. The successful candidate will provide transport planning support in negotiations with external organisations and support the identification of best practice in transport planning work. A proven record in Transport Planning coupled with detailed knowledge of transport modelling techniques and scheme appraisal will be required.
The council can offer flexible working arrangements, working from home at least 2 days a week, as well as a condensed week.
- Review Planning Applications (Strategic sites - 100-2000 Unit Sites)
- Assist in mentoring junior transport planners on minor applications
- To determine the traffic and transportation implications and requirements of development proposed for implementation within, or affecting, the Borough and to assist in securing the necessary improvements through development management and associated processes.
- To provide guidance and support to the Highway Adoption Team on the safe and satisfactory delivery of improvements to existing highway and new infrastructure carried out by developers under agreement.
- Provide Highways Technical Comments
- To support the Development and Adoptions Manager (Transport) in enhancing and maintaining service delivery and the progression of key policy changes as they emerge.
- Attend Appeals/Committee