A consultancy seeks to add a Principal Planner in a permanent position to their Manchester team in order to meet major projects which are growing. It's perfect for Principal's looking for a change of scenery or Senior's looking to step up. You'll work in a development control focused position working with a broad range of clients and across a variety of sectors. You'll take control of planning applications at all stages, guiding them from pre-app to completion.
Role & Responsibilities:
Complex planning opportunities
- As Principal Planner you have responsibility for managing the planning process on multiple projects. These could be in residential, commercial, retail, educational or transport sectors, and will be invariably be large and complex. You will also be tasked with leading negotiations with major stakeholders to shape development proposals.
Work with specialists in other fields
- Due to the scope of these projects you will work alongside specialists in other facets of planning, including transport, environmental and economic. You will assist each other to ensure the smooth and timely delivery of these schemes. Key to the role is an ability to bring work from multiple directions together to ensure the smooth development of the planning projects.
Making an impact on communities
- The large scale projects you will work on will all make a noticeable impact on the local and wider community. This is an opportunity to work for team who take pride that their work is helping to regenerate an area.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant qualification
- Excellent experience and knowledge working on planning projects.
- Demonstrable experience delivering complex developments for clients.
If you're an experienced Senior Planner who has focused on development control, then this is the next step for your career. The role is involves taking the next step up in terms of responsibility, working with clients, and on key large scale developments.
Principal Planner - Manchester - Development Control - Large-scale projects - Urban regeneration - Work alongside specialists