Senior Planning Manager - (West Sussex)
Osborne Richardson is delighted to be working with a high-calibre regional developer based in West Sussex. The organisation pride themselves on providing development that adds character to its surroundings and local community.
The company are privately owned and in a financially strong position. They operate across the South East, delivering residential and mixed-use shcemes. This is a great opportunity to join a growing business.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing planning management, expertise and strategies to the land and planning team by leading in the preparation of strategic promotions, major planning applications and appeals across an expanding portfolio of land.
- Leading and mentoring junior members of the Planning team in identifying and securing new strategic interests
- You will liaise with the Head of Planning on strategies and negotiations - and have direct contact with land owners of contracted sites, providing regular updates regarding progress with planning applications.
- You will promote portfolio sites through the Planning System in order to achieve policy allocations or an appropriate Planning Consent.
- You will also advise on general planning changes and updates in National and Local policies and advise of any likely impact of such changes.
It is essential that candidates:
- Have at least 7 years of experience (ideally working on strategic projects)
- Are commercially minded
- Are driven, personable and good team-players
- Are MRTPI or MRICS qualified
- Have a good eye for detail
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
You'll be offered a competitive salary ranging between £55,000 - £65,000 per annum for this role depending on experience - plus car allowance, Bupa private healthcare, pension and bonus. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who is looking to climb to the next step of their career.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this job, please apply now. Alternatively you can call me for an informal discussion about it - 07894229847
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in Planning, please do send your CV to me (CJ Obi) - cj @ osbornerichardson.com