Management Grouping: Chief Executive
Team: Development Management
Salary: £31,314 - £41,012 per annum (inclusive of market premium)
Contract: permanent /36 hours per week
Closing Date: 20 April 2018
This is an exciting time for the London Borough of Bexley; we are at the heart of regeneration and change as London moves east. The Planning Department is gearing up for growth and we are looking to attract ambitious planners capable of leading on a range of applications.
Investing in people is important to us, so we offer dedicated training and career development is essential to us.
These roles are key for the delivery of the Council’s strategic corporate priorities. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference for our residents, securing ‘Growth’ with new homes and regenerating our town centres.
The ideal candidate will have relevant planning qualifications and eligibility for membership of the RTPI. We are looking for people at the start of their planning careers as well as well those with more experience of working within Development Management. You will be ambitious for new opportunities and want to work as part of dynamic and friendly team to meet the Borough’s growth ambitions.
If you’re looking for a new challenge, career progression, and a flexible, modern and accommodating working culture, come and join us on our Journey.
For an informal chat about these posts, please call Robert Lancaster on 020 3045 3342.
Bexley is a London Borough with big growth ambitions across the Borough and along Bexley Riverside. We also have award-winning parks, open spaces and listed buildings. We work in a modern office environment in the heart of Bexleyheath.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: 20 April 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply.
CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers