Planning Officer - Policy (Two Posts)
One Permanent, and one Maternity Cover
Looking for an exciting opportunity to gain experience and develop a career in planning policy, or do you already have experience and are hoping to progress your career? Do you want to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of West Oxfordshire? Do you want to help affect how people live in a positive way, supporting new jobs and homes whilst protecting the environment?
If so, Publica is seeking to fill two exciting opportunities that have arisen to work in a supportive and high performing team planning the future of a beautiful part of the country.
* Applications for part-time work and job share are welcome
- Contribute to the preparation of new Development Plan Documents, as set out in the Local Development Scheme, and preparation of new supplementary planning documents
- Conduct background research in the preparation of planning policy documents, including surveys, data collection and analysis, and prepare reports, using IT skills for data analysis and mapping.
- Progress the review and monitoring of the Council’s planning policies
- Contribute towards development of and participation in community involvement in policy making
- Work with partners to update the Infrastructure Delivery Plan and assist with the implementation of Local Transport Strategies
- A relevant degree or diploma in planning or an allied discipline
- Good knowledge of the planning system in general and the development plan system in particular
- Computer literate – competent in Microsoft Office applications to intermediate level, including Word, Excel and Access, and presenting material in a map based as well as graphic form
- RTPI Member or similar
- Experience of working within a planning policy team and of preparation of policy documents
- Experience in undertaking public consultation exercises and involvement in stakeholder meetings
The successful applicants will be expected to have strong team working and written/verbal communication skills. Mentoring and support will be given to the candidates with the right attitude and skills but who may need to gain experience. You will need to travel around the District and have access to a car; applications for part-time work and job share are welcome.
- To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with supporting statement; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
- All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
- If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
To apply please click on the 'Apply Button'
Closing date: 22nd April 2018
Interview date: 2nd May 2018
Four partner Councils Cheltenham Borough Council, Forest of Dean, Cotswold and West Oxfordshire District Councils have created Publica Group Ltd to deliver more efficient and improved services.
West Oxfordshire District Council offers the opportunity to work within one of the most beautiful parts of the country with over 3,200 listed buildings, multiple Conservation Areas, a World Heritage site, Green Belt, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a proposed Garden Village.
We are based in the historic and vibrant market town of Witney which offers a good range of quality services and facilities and affords easy access to Oxford, London and the South-East. You would be joining a high performing, supportive team dealing with all aspects of processing planning and similar applications, dealing with applicants, agents, Councillors and members of the public. You will have or be studying for a degree or diploma in Town and Country Planning or a related discipline; however candidates with suitable alternative experience in a related role will also be considered. The starting salary will be dependent upon your qualifications and experience.
Four partner Councils: Cheltenham Borough Council, Forest of Dean, Cotswold and West Oxfordshire District Councils have created Publica Group Ltd to deliver improved services. In November 2017, employees from Cotswold, Forest of Dean and West Oxfordshire District Councils, transferred into Publica although they continue to provide services for local residents. The Councils continue to be responsible for the standard of services that are provided as well as setting strategy, policy and making decisions.