Town and Country Planner
Bourne Valley Associates is a respected independent Planning and Design consultancy in the South of England.
We are looking to appoint a capable and passionate Town and Country Planner to join our team.
You will work alongside a small team of planning and design professionals on a variety of projects, primarily for private clients based in the Southern Countries. We work in the industrial, agricultural, equestrian, renewable and residential sectors. Our planning services include appraisals, applications, appeals, evidence and strategic planning. Recent projects have included unique one-off developments; impressive extensions; 2,200 tonne grain store; 1.5MW Anaerobic Digestion Plant; 18,700m2 glasshouse; a 2,000m2 industrial building; and the refurbishment of a rural public house and community hub.
This post is an excellent opportunity to develop experience, and to receive mentoring. We apply a flexible approach to recruitment, so that applications from candidates wishing to take up either a full-time or part-time post would be welcomed.
The job requires
- A Town Planning degree and/or other qualification accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute;
- Membership of RTPI or working towards your RTPI membership is desirable;
- A minimum of 2 years Planning experience in either the Private or Public sector;
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and enthusiasm
Key duties for the role include:-
- Preparation of applications made under the Planning Acts;
- Attendance at committee meetings;
- Attendance at pre application meetings at local Councils;
- Processing and monitoring, with others, major and minor applications through the system to ensure planning permission is obtained;
- Site visits, and liaison with clients, planning authorities, and professionals in allied disciplines.
- Competitive starting salary £25,000 - £28,000 p/a dependent on experience. (The company may consider either a full-time or a part time role, potentially leading to a full-time role in the future.)
- A varied and challenging role with opportunities for professional development;
- Ongoing support and mentorship;
- Joining an established and respected consultancy in South of England
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Marlborough, Swindon, Chippenham, Devizes, Andover, Newbury, Salisbury, Winchester, Romsey.
For an informal discussion, call either Andrew Watton or Roger Prescott on 01264 850159.
To apply for this post, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your suitability for the role, no later than 13th June 2018. Please clearly demonstrate in your supporting statement how you meet the requirements of the role.
Closing date: 2nd July 2018.
Bourne Valley Associates operates an equal opportunities policy and we welcome applications from all parts of the community.