Senior Planning Manager - St Modwen, In-House Opportunity
- Exciting opportunity to join the UK's most forward-thinking developer
- Lead on the planning promotion of significnant commercial & residential schemes
About Our Client
St. Modwen is a leading property investment and development company. Operating across the full spectrum of the property industry, we are committed to creating places which offer employment, quality homes for families, and leisure, retail and open spaces that make life better. We operate through a network of regional offices, a residential business and through joint ventures with public sector and industry leading partners.
We have an extraordinary history and a strong track record of delivery, with a reputation for looking at things differently, challenging the norm and creating opportunities where none existed before.
We are proud of what we have achieved. Our experience and expertise, built up over 30 years, gives us an unmatched ability to bring complex, strategic sites forward, to create value and bring about opportunities for growth, investment and momentum. We have an exceptional pipeline of current and planned projects and our £1.7bn national portfolio of over 100 projects includes: the regeneration of New Covent Garden Market, London; the transformation of Longbridge, Birmingham and the on-going regeneration of over 2,500 acres of former industrial land in South Wales which includes the delivery of the first phase of Swansea University's £450m Bay Campus.
Looking to the future, and led by a recently formed executive team, we want to ensure that our culture and organisation are appropriate for the future. The business is embarking on an exciting phase with ambitious growth plans and we are therefore seeking to appoint talented individuals who can embrace and contribute to our business purpose; 'Changing Places. Creating Better Futures', and demonstrate our core values.
A key appointment in the new structure is the Senior Planning Manager (North) focusing on the promotion of existing sites through the planning process and, working as part of a development team, build exciting large-scale development pipeline for the future.
As a Senior Planning Manager, you will manage the planning function in the North of England, working in collaboration with the talented development team in the North of England, the Regional Development Management team and supported by your Midlands planning colleagues.
Supporting the Regional Strategy, you will be responsible for managing the planning aspects of large and complex schemes. These will comprise a range of commercial projects alongside mixed use and residential developments, strategic sites and potential 'Major Projects'.
Working with valued external stakeholders you will be a brand ambassador - passionate about delivering excellence and working collaboratively to help Change Places and Create Better Futures.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and implementing the planning strategies for new and existing sites within the region, ensuring their effective progress.
- Identifying search areas for new opportunities, preparing and assisting in development appraisals for acquisitions
- Effectively manage consultant teams to successfully secure planning consents.
- Provide robust budgetary and programme reports to the leadership group.
St. Modwen values and respects the individuality and diversity that each of our employees brings to the business and we are committed to promoting an inclusive, positive and collaborative culture. The skill, dedication and the quality of an individual's work is vital to our success and we recognise our responsibility as an employer to look after everybody's wellbeing and ensure that each individual feels like a respected part of our workforce. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a Chartered Planner who is embedded in the Property Sector and will embrace an opportunity to utilise your professional network to help promote the St Modwen business and help deliver its regional strategy.
With a proven track record of delivering large and complex development projects, you will manage the planning function in the North of England, so it is anticipated you will be:
- An MRTPI qualified Planner capable of operating independently with minimal direct management, who enjoys responsibility.
- Capable of managing a wide range of complex planning promotion projects across the commercial sectors, including Industrial, Office, Retail Leisure and Mixed-Use
- A respected individual with exceptional commercial planning knowledge - Managing and inspiring external consultants to drive forward projects to successful conclusion
- An ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with internal & external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes
- Currently providing a similar service in a consultancy or development business
What's on Offer
c. £70,000 to £80,000 Salary, Car Allowance, Bonus and Benefits
Please note that any 3rd party CV's or applications will be forwarded directly to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPPL13915272Z