Planning Manager - Client Side
Our client is looking for a commercially minded, diligent and self-motivated individual to play an instrumental role within their Client-Side Planning Team. Your role will be to manage and co-ordinate planning activities from pre-acquisition planning appraisals to the securing of planning permissions and the discharge of related conditions. In particular, they are looking to expand operations into East London and experience working on major projects within East London Boroughs and strong professional contacts within this area is useful.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Assisting with the planning due diligence necessary to acquire potential sites
• Formulating Planning Strategy
• Write planning strategy reports, interpreting policy and making clear relevant recommendations
• Liaise and negotiate with LPA planning officers, consultant teams and third parties
• Prepare / make presentations at meetings and cultivate good relationships with consultants and fellow professionals
• Appointing consultants as necessary to produce reports, and diligently reviewing associated content to ensure compliance with agreed planning strategy.
• Take responsibility for projects from the earliest stage through to completion. Excellent project management skills are required and evidence of success in delivery from a client side.
• Negotiate S106 agreements
• Maintain an awareness of market conditions and the impact of policy and legislative changes
Qualifications: A recognised degree in Town Planning and sufficient post-qualification experience to qualify for membership of RTPI.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years working as a Planner. You will need to demonstrate a proven track record of securing planning permissions for large scale residential, commercial and mixed use developments.
Location – North London
Salary - £40k - £60k + benefits
Please apply in confidence immediately as we are shortlisting as soon as applicants apply. Contact Shaun Lewis on 020 7859 4246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV is never sent out without your permission.