Principal Planning Officer (TEMP)
A London Borough is looking to bolster their development management town planning division with the appointment of a Principal Planning Officer, initially on a temporary contract. You'll be joining a high performing team working on a range of complex cases. While providing specialist planning advice to key stakeholders and members of the public, you'll manage a caseload of planning applications while also processing planning appeals. This is an initial 3 month contract with the intention for becoming permanent.
Role & Company:
- This role is well suited for someone with a minimum 5 years' experience working in the UK planning system and looking for a step up. The caseload you'll be managing will include a variety of complex projects including major applications. You'll be responsible for processing planning appeals and ensuring that developments in the local authority is best represented and in line with all planning law.
- This local authority are expanding their well established and very successful development management planning team. You'll be joining a group of planners with varied experience and diverse backgrounds. With an exceptional amount of growth forecast in the borough, the team is set to continue delivering on some of the capital's most important projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience working the UK, as a planner either in the public or private sector
- Relevant Planning degree, from the UK or abroad
- Passion for town planning!
Principal Planning Officer -London - Public Sector - Town Planning - Development Management - Complex Planning Applications - Planning Appeals