Planning Assistant (Local Plan)
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
This is a great opportunity to work in a city with award winning shopping, parks, nature reserves, historic architecture, museums, galleries and first class leisure facilities; Bradford Metropolitan District has it all. As one of the largest and fastest growing Metropolitan Districts in the UK there has never been a more exciting place to work and help deliver the sustainable planning and regeneration agenda working with key partners.
Bradford is embarking on one of the most ambitious place making programmes to be seen in the UK to facilitate new housing and economic growth. Local plan making is critical to enabling housing and economic growth, transforming the quality of place and securing the transport infrastructure that is essential to facilitate sustainable growth in the district.
If you think you have the technical and interpersonal skills to play an important role in the delivery of this transformational agenda then we would like to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Planning, Transportation & Highways Service and undertake the following key tasks:
- To contribute to the preparation of a range of planning policy documents (including Neighbourhood Plans and Supplementary Planning Documents) contributing to the Council maintaining an up to date and effective Local Plan for the District which provides a sustainable development strategy which addresses the districts priorities and meets statutory requirements.
- To contribute to the implementation of the Local plan through providing policy advice and guidance, preparation and publication of data and information as required on and support the implementation and delivery of key development projects and programmes in line with the Local Plan.
- To help maintain effective monitoring performance information requirements, maintaining appropriate data and collection systems and providing information by GIS, digital and electronic means.
You will require:
- Experience of working in a planning or related environment, preferable but not essential
- Educated to degree level preferably in a planning or related subject
For further information regarding this post please contact Andrew Marshall, Planning & Transport Strategy Manager on 01274 434050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16 July 2018