Senior/ Planning Case Officer
Senior / Planning Case Officer
Job Location: Cirencester
Salary - Senior Planner: Up to £38,548 per annum depending on skills and experience
Salary - Case Officer: Up to £ 33,425 per annum depending on skills and experience
Hours per week: 37
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 26 July 2018
Interview Date: TBC
Job Reference: PSH10101
No. of Vacancies: 01
Service: Planning and Strategic Housing
Publica offers the opportunity at Cotswold District Council to work within one of the most beautiful parts of the country with over 6,000 listed buildings, set in attractive countryside, 70% of which is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We are located in the historic market town of Cirencester, which offers a good range of quality services and affords good access to London and the South-West.
Four partner Councils (Cheltenham Borough Council, Forest of Dean, Cotswold and West Oxfordshire District Councils) have created Publica Group Ltd to deliver more efficient and improved services. The Councils will continue to be responsible for the standard of services that are provided as well as setting strategy, policy and making decisions.
Joining us will mean involvement in all aspects of processing a wide variety of planning and similar applications, dealing with applicants, agents and members of the public, within a vibrant, varied and well-motivated team environment.
Publica is seeking to recruit a Senior/Planning Case Officer to process planning applications, related pre-application advice, general enquiries and appeals The complexity of the work will reflect the experience, competencies and qualifications of the successful applicant.
• To work in partnership with customers, Consultees and Council Members to ensure applications are in a condition to enable full and proper consideration/determination
• To process, consider and negotiate on all applications in a timely manner
• To prepare decision notices and where necessary make recommendations and present reports to Committee meetings
• To prepare and present evidence for planning and enforcement appeals
• To assist other officers both senior and junior in the delivery of the service
• Degree or Diploma in Town and Country Planning or equivalent – For appointment to Senior Planner level
• Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting Planning
• High level of IT skills - MS Office/CAPS Uniform System
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent customer care skills
• Ability to make sound judgements
• High level of organisational skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Use of a car or other means of transport for business purposes when necessary
• Degree or Diploma in Town and Country Planning or equivalent - For Appointment to Case Officer level
• Corporate Membership of the RTPI
• Proven relevant experience of working in Town and Country Planning
• Experience of preparation and presentation of planning reports
• Experience of working within a customer orientated service
A great opportunity for a dynamic adaptable and enthusiastic ‘team player’
We are looking for someone who exhibits our values of being:
• Authentic - acting genuinely and transparently doing the right thing for our customers, our organisation and each other.
• Modern - not set in their ways, constantly looking to find ways to innovate and do things smarter.
• Flexible – Who is agile, adapting how and what they do to meet the demands of our customers, our colleagues, our local communities and the needs of the modern world.
• Thoughtful - Taking pride in delivering a great service, taking the time to understand and care about our customers and their needs.
• To apply for this vacancy please email your CV with cover letter; telling us more about your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience and how they meet the criteria listed above. It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you about working for Publica.
• All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.
• If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.