Community Infrastructure Levy / Section 106 Officer
Bassetlaw is an attractive District in north Nottinghamshire, with an interesting mix of urban and rural environments. We are a dynamic, forward thinking Local Authority, presently preparing a Local Plan and actively pursuing a growth agenda. The district is an exciting place to work given that it has a lot of development presently underway and a plethora of exciting projects planned for the future.
This has given us the opportunity to create a number of new and exciting roles. Based at our newly refurbished offices in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, we are looking for individuals who can preferably hit the ground running and make a positive contribution as part of our enthusiastic and progressive planning team. So, if you are looking for a new challenge and would like to help us move forward to enhance our thriving towns, we would welcome an application from you.
Community Infrastructure Levy / Section 106 Officer - Part-Time, 18.5 hours per week
Salary Scale 5 i.e. £21,074 to £23,111 per annum
Under the direction of the Planning Support Team Leader you will carry out the effective monitoring, enforcement and collection of monies relating to Community Infrastructure Levy and Section 106 Agreements.
- Liaise with multiple key internal and external stakeholders
- Implement change as legislation requires
- Provide statistical data and monitoring in relation to CIL and S106 schemes
- Collate and provide information to internal and external stakeholders
- Produce committee reports
- Assist with the proper handling of complaints and enquiries about the service in line with corporate priorities and professional standards
We want to hear from you if you can offer:
- At least 2 years’ recent experience of technical planning administration
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Levels 4-9/Grade C or above, including English and Maths (or relevant equivalent qualifications)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of managing and implementing Community Infrastructure Levy legislation in the UK
- Experience of Geographical Information Systems and using Microsoft Office packages
- Ideally have acquired comprehensive and practical experience, knowledge and understanding of town planning legislation
- A full current driving licence
The above job is subject to job evaluation.
The benefits include flexitime, 24 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service, in addition to bank holidays and an extra day over the Christmas period (pro rata for part-time) and access to a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
To request an application pack, please visit www.bassetlawjobs.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the HR Team on (01909) 533121. Please quote the relevant position reference number on the application form and within all correspondence.
CLOSING DATE: 12.00 noon on Monday 20 August 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: To be confirmed