Senior Spatial Planning Policy Officer
Is it time for a change? Are you looking for the opportunity to rise to new challenges and really influence how our communities develop?
The 'Heart of Suffolk' is blessed with a beautiful natural environment and vibrant communities. Our offices in Ipswich are conveniently located and offer great transport connections to Cambridge, Norwich and London. If you are looking for that ideal work life balance, then Babergh and Mid Suffolk Councils is the right organisation for you.
Want to be part of a great team? We have adjusted our structures to allow us to deliver an ambitious, new Joint Local Plan and to play our full part in a whole Suffolk based approach to creating inclusive growth and this has created the opportunity for internal promotions. We are now seeking motivated and talented people who care about the future of our communities and have the desire and skills to balance the need for growth, whilst preserving what is unique about our district, to join our team.
What will be expected of you? You will:
* be involved in the production of the Joint Local Plan through to submission and an examination in public, together with associated evidence, and thereafter to adoption and implementation
* engage with communities and support the production of neighbourhood plans
* provide expert planning policy advice to interested parties
* undertake the monitoring of data to inform the annual monitoring report
* work collaboratively across the two councils in supporting the development of strategies including housing and infrastructure.
* support and funding towards professional qualifications
* a career path within our Development Management and Strategic Planning services
* the opportunity to really influence how our communities develop
* mentoring and learning from experienced team members.
We also offer flexible working options, generous leave entitlement, access to the Suffolk Green Travel Plan, and pension scheme.
Applications are welcome from individuals with either a general degree along with some planning or community experience, or a master's degree, who will bring a wealth of relevant experience with them.
For an informal discussion about these roles, please call Robert Hobbs on (01449) 724812.
Previous applicants need not apply.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply online by visiting our career pages on the Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils' website: www.babergh.gov.uk/council-business/careers
Closing date: 30 September 2018.