Strategic Planning Assistant
Objectives of the Role
- To identify new strategic landholding opportunities for the company to enable the continued expansion of the portfolio; and
- Support the company Directors with project management.
To fulfil and satisfy the above objectives, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Identifying, investigating and appraising new strategic land opportunities.
- Carrying out initial land registry searches.
- Tracking progress of Local Development Schemes, five-year housing land supplies and annual monitoring reports.
- Preparing and assisting in the coordination of Local Plan representations and planning applications.
- Assisting in the appointment of project consultant team members by requesting fee quotations, ad confirming appointments.
- Liaising with landowners and/or their agents to arrange site access for project consultant team members.
- Supporting the Directors at meetings.
- Assisting in the day to day general management and coordination of the strategic land portfolio.
- Other reasonable requests in line with role and experience.
In time, if the successful candidate wishes, there will be an opportunity to progress through the company to a Planning Manager Role.
Other Specific Requirements
Candidates must also have the following traits, experience, qualifications:
- Demonstratable commercial awareness.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all project stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Proficient in the use of key MS Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to quickly learn role-specific research packages.
- A confident and professional networker.
- Able to work on own initiative, with drive to complete projects.
- A good geographical knowledge of England.
- Hold a relevant degree in Town & Country Planning or Surveying and either be professionally accredited by RTPI or RICS or working towards their chartered membership.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering email explaining why you are interested in the role.
Apply for Strategic Planning Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly