Senior Town & Country Planner
Are you a progressive and talented Planner looking to launch your career with an organisation who provide a critical resource to 6 million customers and who was voted the Second Best Place to Work in the UK by Glassdoor?
If so, you may be interested in our exciting and vital Senior Town and Country Planner role.
What will you be doing?
Working within our Anglian Water Asset Delivery Business Unit and working in close collaboration with our @One Alliance, you’ll be providing practical Planning expertise to enable successful delivery of schemes and to understand and control associated Planning risks. Providing input to strategic direction across programmes of work, you’ll liaise regularly with external planning authorities to influence their approach to our programmes of work.
- Working collaboratively to deliver new assets, tackling a wide range of challenges on the way
- Deliver a wholesome water supply to our customers whilst delivering green energy solutions
- Provide a proactive and forward thinking strategic approach to obtaining Planning approvals
- Work closely with our Legal team and Local Authorities to gain approvals ethically
- Preparation and scoping opinion for a range of assessments and surveys
- Represent Anglian Water in public meetings to demonstrate the value and purpose of proposals
- Exert high level of influence to progress Planning Applications and key projects
What do you need?
As our next Senior Town and Country Planner, we are looking for you to be a member of an appropriate professional body (i.e RTPI) and have experience within a relevant planning discipline. With your expert technical knowledge of law, policies and processes on show, you’ll be confident in providing solutions in complex capital works.
Working with collaboration at the heart of all activities, you’ll be a confident decision maker and enjoy coaching junior members by passing on your skills and expertise to develop the team’s output and profile across the organisation.
If the opportunity of gaining involvement in critical Planning work across your region to deliver a key resource appeals to you, please apply today!
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you’ll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Due to the nature of this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work from home on occasion. There is also the ability to work from one of our other offices / sites on occasion.
Closing date : 22 October 2018