Assistant Planning Officer/Planning Officer
Malvern Hills and Wychavon District Councils are forward-thinking and proactive successful Local Planning Authorities situated in accessible, attractive countryside within South Worcestershire. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals who would thrive on the challenge of managing a substantial and varied caseload and contribute to our effective and respected team.
We currently have four positions available, appointment will be made based on the applicants skills and experience:
Assistant Planning Officer*
£24,657 - £29,055 per annum
The successful applicants will deal with the processing of minor planning and other planning related applications, general planning enquiries, consultations, report writing and handling of appeals.
These posts are ideal for newly qualified and experienced Planners to gain the next step of experience in their career.
£29,055 - £32,233 per annum
The successful applicants will provide advice on planning matters, process planning applications and related appeals and assist in the management of development within the district.
Ideally, you will be an experienced planner, able to assist with complex planning matters, and appeals.
*The post offered and starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please refer to the Person Specification for each role for further information on requirements.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to deliver exceptional levels of service at all times
- Team player with an adaptable and flexible approach.
- Ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines
- Ability to negotiate successful outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- If you are at the beginning of your career a minimum entry level of holding a relevant degree is required
- For the Planning Officer role i.e.:- Appropriate experience in Planning, preferably with a District or Borough Council. A degree (or equivalent) qualification in planning or similar related subject is also required.
- Applicants without a suitable qualification will be expected to complete a course of study leading to professional qualification as a condition of employment.
These posts are part of a Joint Service that will be employed by Malvern Hills District Council but based primarily in Pershore.
There will be a requirement to travel within the District with flexibility to attend evening meetings on occasion.
To discuss the post or for further information, please call Emma Worley Development Manager (North) on 01386 565320 or email her at Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org or Jonathan Edwards, Development Manager (South) on 01386 565324 or email him at Jonathan.email@example.com
Closing date: 18 November 2018
Interview date: 30 November 2018
To see more Planning jobs at Wychavon please click here https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/employer/1017/wychavon-and-malvern-hills-district-council