We are looking for RTPI qualified Planning Consultant to join our team
Fuller Long is a UK-wide Town Planning & Heritage Consultancy. We’ve built the business around a group of like-minded independent consultants who work where, when and how they like on projects that range from securing permission for individuals through to working with big business, councils and large developers.
We’re now building an in-house team to provide a core of always-available expertise to support clients and consultants as we grow the business. And we’re looking for our first Planner to become an integral part of this new team.
Based in our office in Bermondsey Street, near London Bridge, you’ll be working with us to generate new business while also providing a good service to our existing client base. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, responsible, customer-orientated and able to manage their own projects from the outset.
Our ideal candidate will be able to show an understanding of clients’ needs on a range of small and medium-sized projects, in both the commercial and residential sectors. They’ll have strong communication skills and be able to respond to these needs with quality planning advice communicated in a timely and organised manner.
The in-house planner will also be required to collaborate with our consultants throughout the UK on existing projects, completing important work with enthusiasm and a willingness to get stuck in. Overall, we’ll expect our ideal candidate to be someone who is keen to help with all aspects of a growing business and turn their hand to a wide range of projects.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ town planning experience
- Hold an RTPI recognised qualification
- Private sector experience preferred but public sector will be considered
- An enthusiastic and thorough person with a keen eye for detail is essential
- Impeccable professional writing skills with an ability to provide clear advice on a range of reports
- Ability to complete thorough research, presenting the findings in a clear and precise way
- A self-starter and someone who thrives on being responsible for their cases
- A willingness and ability to work collaboratively in a team is essential
- A full British driving licence will be required
- Providing town planning consultancy services
- Working on projects with a view to meeting agreed client requirements and deadlines within budget
- Attending meetings with clients/local planning authorities and other stakeholders
- Attending site visits throughout the UK
- Provision of professional advice (in writing and verbally) to clients
- Research and analysis of relevant planning policy (National, Regional and Local)
- Assisting with submitting and monitoring planning applications and appeals, and ensuring their timely delivery.
- Liaising with external contractors for input in relation to projects
We are offering a competitive salary package (+ bonus + benefits) depending on the experience of the applicants.
Please email for more information by clicking on the 'Apply Button'