A great opportunity to work in a pioneering organisation that is embarking on a vast change and growth programme. Publica is an innovative council-owned organisation which delivers shared services to Cotswold, Forest of Dean and West Oxfordshire District Councils, Cheltenham Borough Council, Cheltenham Trust, Cheltenham Borough Homes and Ubico.
About the role….
This is one of two Principal Planner posts within the DM team. The post holder will be required to:
- Be responsible for the planning negotiations leading towards the submission of an application and subsequent delivery of The Oxfordshire Garden Village
- Deal with the larger applications/appeals
- Manage the Planner in the Garden Village team or manage the dedicated Senior Planner (Appeals).
The 2 posts are intended to be interchangeable as necessary/required and dependent upon workloads may involve a degree of overlap.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree or Diploma in Town and Country Planning or equivalent
- Lead negotiator on larger schemes
- Ability to present to a wide variety of audiences
- Communicates effectively at all levels (excellent verbal and written skills)
- Achieves results through others/delegates effectively
- Mentoring and supporting less experienced members of the team
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact Phil Shaw, Development Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01993 861 687 who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
Working for Publica we will give you…
- Excellent opportunities for personal, professional and career development
- Recognition and reward for the contributions you make
- Flexibility and choice
Please see our Benefits for further information on what we can offer you!
Closing date for CV’s: 21st November 2018 at 5:00pm.
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to email@example.com Please quote reference number PSH10140 when applying.
It’s important that we’re a good fit for each other, so we’d also like to know what’s important to you and why you want to work for the Publica Group.
All successful candidates will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK.