Senior Planner/Planning Case Officer Senior Enforcement Planner/Enforcement Planning Officer
Salary - Senior Posts: Up to £38,548 per annum depending on skills and experience
Salary – Planning Enforcement Case Officer posts: Up to £33,425 per annum depending on skills and experience
Publica offers the opportunity at Cotswold District Council to work within one of the most beautiful parts of the country with over 6,000 listed buildings, set in attractive countryside, 70% of which is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We are located in the historic market town of Cirencester, which offers a good range of quality services and affords good access to London and the South-West.
Four partner Councils (Cheltenham Borough Council, Forest of Dean, Cotswold and West Oxfordshire District Councils) have created Publica Group Ltd to deliver more efficient and improved services. The Councils will continue to be responsible for the standard of services that are provided as well as setting strategy, policy and making decisions.
Joining us will mean involvement in all aspects of processing a wide variety of planning and similar applications, dealing with applicants, agents and members of the public, within a vibrant, varied and well-motivated team environment.
Publica is seeking to recruit a Senior Planner or Planning Case Officer and a Senior Enforcement Planner or an Enforcement Planning Officer to process planning applications, related pre-application advice, general enquiries, appeals and enforcement work. The complexity and nature of the work will reflect the experience, competencies and qualifications of the successful applicant.
There could be an opportunity for a dual role within the Service, enabling the successful candidate to work within both the Development Management Team and the Enforcement Team as the teams work very closely together.
- To work in partnership with customers, Consultees and Council Members to ensure applications are in a condition to enable full and proper consideration/determination
- To process, consider and negotiate on all applications in a timely manner
- To prepare decision notices and where necessary make robust, sound, and high quality recommendations and present reports to Committee meetings
- and present reports to Committee meetings
- To prepare and present evidence for planning and enforcement appeals
- To assist other officers both senior and junior in the delivery of the service
- Degree or Diploma in Town and Country Planning or equivalent – for appointment to Senior Planning Officer and Senior Enforcement Planner level
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting Planning
- Planning Enforcement experience – for appointment to Senior Enforcement Planner level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to make sound judgements
- High level of organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Use of a car or other means of transport for business purposes when necessary
- Degree or Diploma in Town and Country Planning or equivalent - for appointment to Planning Case Officer or Enforcement Planning Officer level
- Corporate Membership of the RTPI
- Proven relevant experience of working in Town and Country Planning
- Experience of preparation and presentation of planning reports
- Experience of working within a customer orientated service
- High level of IT skills - MS Office/CAPS Uniform System
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position. Please contact Deborah Smith, Team Leader (Development Management) & Enforcement Team Manager Deborah.Smith@cotswold.gov.uk who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
Benefits - Join us and be part of something great.
Closing date for CV’s: Sunday 3 March 2019
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to email@example.com Please use the reference number PSH1074 with the job title you are applying for.
All successful applicants will need to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies.