A Planning Consultant opportunity has arisen to work for a highly respected environmental, planning and engineering consultancy in their Durham or York office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a planner to advance their skill set by taking on a supporting role; you'll be providing technical planning advice and analysis on a wide range of projects by working closely alongside Project Managers and Environmental Consultants to successfully deliver projects to schedule and budget. This role offers a competitive salary within a positive working environment that fosters a team ethic and values individuals, as well as the resources to develop professional identity and experience via ongoing continued professional development.
Role & Company:
- Prepare and negotiate renewables and infrastructure planning applications and applications under the Planning Acts in England, Wales, and Scotland.
- Maintain an active knowledge of planning policy and guidance national, regional and local development plans, to provide advice regarding timescales, amendments and potential changes that may impact clients and/or proposed developments.
- Provide planning advice on developments from site finding to discharge of planning conditions including advice on consultation and engagement strategies.
- Prepare planning statements, design and access statements and public consultation reports.
- Support post-submission monitoring and evaluation of planning applications, involving summarising a wide range of points to provide a clear and concise overview of the status of a planning application.
- Prepare and submit planning appeals, assisting with Inquiry procedures including reviewing proofs of evidence and supporting documentation as necessary.
- Represent the consultancy at client meetings, conferences and other events and liaise appropriately with Local Authority Planning Officers, Statutory Consultees and in-house specialists as well as sub-consultants, developers and other relevant bodies.
- Assist with the preparation of tender submissions, fee quotes, reports and other deliverables.
Qualifications & Experience:
- RTPI or RICS Planning and development accredited or working towards gaining a professional qualification.
- Relevant degree.
- 2-4 years' relevant planning experience.
Planning Consultant - York - Durham - Environmental Consultancy - Planning Consultancy