Town Planner - London Planning and Architecture Practice
Are you a progressive and talented Town Planner?
Then we need you! The Urban Planning Practice (UPP) is a young and rapidly growing Planning and Architecture Practice with a focus on new residential-led development in the Greater London area.
We work on a broad range of exciting projects across London and beyond including new build developments, complex refurbishments & conversions as well as extensions to commercial and residential properties. Our fantastic clients are primarily property Investment/development companies and property entrepreneurs, looking to maximise the value of their property assets.
We require a Town Planner with experience who is keen to take on more responsibility and develop their career.
- An RTPI accredited Honours Degree and/or Diploma or Masters Qualification or equivalent experience
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- Excellent verbal communication skills and must be able to communicate with both colleagues, clients and Council officers – on the phone and at meetings.
- Team Working - good-natured and considerate of others, thriving on working collaboratively.
- Desire to learn and develop
- Ability to communicate in fluent verbal and written English essential
- Comfortable taking responsibility and working independently
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to prioritise
What you’ll do:
- Responding to initial client enquiries
- Undertaking planning research to respond to those enquiries
- Prepare site appraisals and feasibility assessments
- Working closely with our team of architects
- Liaison with clients and other team members
- Undertaking planning history searches and policy analysis
- Prepare Planning Statements
- Assess planning potential and formulating planning strategies
- Preparation of planning applications and Appeals
- Liaising and negotiating with planning officers at Local Planning Authorities
- Attending pre-application meetings with Local Planning Authorities
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a young and dynamic practice which presents genuine prospect for growth and career development. A candidate who displays the right attitude and potential, is enthusiastic, hardworking and passionate about their work can go a long way with the business. We offer ongoing training and you will be coached and support by senior members of staff.
To apply please email Motti Ifergan by clicking on the 'Apply Button'