Major Applications - Deputy Planning Manager
A leading London Borough Council renowned for delivering cutting edge development have a requirement for a Deputy Planning Manager in their fast moving Major Applications Team.
As pivotal figure within the team, you will have responsibility for supervising one member of staff also including allocating cases, signing off delegated reports and providing technical guidance when required.
In addition, you will lead on two of the councils high profile major projects encompassing strategic applications that vary in size from 150 to 400 units.
You'll have primary responsibility for conducting pre application meetings with prestigious developers coupled with the negotiation of complex PPA agreements, as well as taking the scheme through the full planning process.
- Sign off delegated reports
- Train and mentor junior members of staff
- Process major and strategic major applications
- Manage complex pre-application meetings for large scale major applications from 150 up to 400 units
- Represent Council at Committee when required
- Undertake Member Briefings
- Liaison with the GLA and other key stakeholders such as TfL
- Work closely with major developers, architects and external consultants
- Negotiate PPA agreements and the discharge of complex conditions and reserved matter applications
- Conduct member briefings
The Council would like to encourage applications from candidates who have processed large scale major and strategic applications in conjunction with having acquired practical experience in any of the following roles Deputy Team Leader, Team Leader and or Principal Planner.
In addition you must have a degree in Town & Country Planning with excellent written and communication skills and an aptitiude for dealing with complex planning issues.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email