A vibrant London Borough Council that is currently undergoing wholesale growth and regeneration has an excellent requirement for a Principal Planner.
You will be responsible for large scale 100 to 200 unit strategic planning applications as part of a wider town centre and estate renewal masterplans.
This will encompass engaging in complex negotiations with developers and strategic partners such as the GLA, TfL and English Heritage coupled with finalising PPA to facilitate the delivery of major schemes.
Additional duties also include supervising 4-6 members of planners through the allocation of minor to medium applications, monitoring performance and signing off delegated reports.
- Manage a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications
- Negotiate complex conditions and reserved matters
- Assess viability and affordable housing
- Consult and negotiate with the GLA
- Negotiate S106 agreements
- Consult and brief Members
- Present cases at committee
- Stakeholder and Community Consultation exercises
The successful candidate will acquired practical experience as a Senior, Principal Planner or Deputy Team Leader in Development Management with proven track dealing with planning issues and major applications.
In addition you will have strong organisational skills detailed legislative knowledge of the UK planning system coupled prior experience supervising Planning Officers.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and communication skills.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email