Senior Conservation & Design Officer
One of London's most architecturally diverse and historic borough councils has a requirement for a Senior Conservation & Design Officer.
You will be assigned to a vibrant borough wide Design & Conservation Team in areas that contain some of the capitals most historic districts which are also undergoing major regeneration and development.
A key component of this post will involve managing specialist heritage projects designed to safeguard the borough's historic character and assets in conjunction with processing a diverse listed building caseload.
- Manage and process a diverse listed building caseload
- Provide conservation observations and comments on development management applications.
- Contribute to the development of Design & Conservation Chapters within the borough's Local Plan.
- Attend and present reports at planning committee
- Provide detailed pre-application advice to developers and leading architects
- Proactively identify issues and improvements, as well as providing creative solutions for complex schemes and applications.
- Contribute to the production of conservation area and character appraisals
- Negotiate improvements to proposed development schemes that may have an impact on heritage assets
- Advise planning enforcement team on listed building breaches
- Prepare evidence for appeals and public examinations when required.
Successful candidates will have an academic qualification in any of the following disciplines, Urban Design, Historic Architecture, Town Planning or an affiliated subject.
Furthermore you will have acquired practical experience as a Design and Conservation Officer at local planning authority or private consultancy.
For additional information, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright on 0207 318 5263 or email: