Experienced Town Planner
Experienced Town Planner
Salary (Commensurate with Experience / Qualifications) : £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 per annum
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic Town Planner with 2-5 years experience in Development Management (Private or public sector) who is keen to take on more responsibility and develop their career with a rapidly growing company.
UPP - Urban Planning Practice is an integrated Architectural and Planning Practice working on a broad range of exciting projects across London and beyond including new build residential developments, complex refurbishments & conversions as well as extensions to commercial and residential properties. Our clients are primarily property Investment / development companies and property entrepreneurs, looking to maximise the value of their property assets.
- Responding to initial client enquiries
- Undertaking planning research in order to better respond to those enquiries
- Assisting with site appraisals
- Liaison with clients and other team members
- Assisting with preparation of Planning Statements
- Assisting with assessing planning potential and formulating planning strategies
- Preparation of planning applications, notices and CIL forms
- Preparation of applications to discharge planning conditions
- Assisting with preparation of Planning Appeals
- Liaising and negotiating with planning officers at Local Planning Authorities
Skills and Qualities required:
- An RTPI accredited Honours Degree and/or Diploma or Masters Qualification or equivalent experience
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- Excellent verbal communication skills and must be able to communicate with both colleagues, clients and Council officers – on the phone and at meetings.
- Team Working - good natured and considerate of others, thriving on working collaboratively.
- Self motivated
- Wanting to learn and develop
- Ability to communicate in fluent verbal and written English essential
- Comfortable taking responsibility and working independently
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to prioritise.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a young and dynamic practice which presents genuine prospect for growth and career development. A candidate who displays the right attitude and potential, is enthusiastic, hardworking and passionate about their work can go a long way with us. We will offer you training and you will be coached and developed by senior members of staff.
For further information on our company please visit www.upp-planning.co.uk
If you are interested in this role, please click on the 'Apply Button' to write to us, please include a covering letter describing what interests you about the role and why you think you would be a good candidate and also send us your CV, and if you have, some examples of reports you have written.
Closing date: 16th May 2019.