Salary £27,099 per annum, 36 hours per week based at County Hall, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 2DW. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
About the role
The Planning Technical Support Team sits within the Planning Group and supports a number of statutory and non statutory functions. A key task is to assist with the statutory development management role dealing with minerals and waste and Council's own development planning applications and the Team supplies administrative and technical skills for this. The subject of the work can be contentious and attract significant public interest and scrutiny and so requires careful handling, entailing contact with the public, applicants and Members. In addition tasks may also arise in support of the Minerals and Waste Policy and Spatial Planning Teams, including research, project work and document preparation under supervision.
The role provides the technical support to the team contributing to the sustainable development of the County through assisting members of the Development Management, Minerals and Waste Policy and Spatial Planning Teams in undertaking their functions including handling planning applications, policy formulation and monitoring and strategic planning matters.
For this role you should have:
- Educated to A level, HNC or equivalent, or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level, and/or relevant vocational qualification (level 3/4 QCF).
- Knowledge of relevant technical area including, where appropriate, relevant practical skills.
- For some roles a relevant degree may be required.
- Good IT skills, including MS Office and database management systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to build sound relationships with customers and explain technical issues to non technical people.
- Ability to prepare and present reports in a logical and digestible format. • High level administrative, analytical and organisational skills.
- Able to prioritise and plan own workload in the context of conflicting priorities and work on own initiative.
- A methodical approach to information gathering, recording and reporting.
- Knowledge of or interest in town planning and planning management development process
- Full UK Driving Licence
For an informal discussion contact Caroline Smith on 020 8541 9975 or by e-mail to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15/05/2019 and interviews will be held in May.
More searches like this
- Central Government Planner Transport jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Community Group Planner Transport jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Property Planner Transport jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Local Authority Planner Transport jobs in Kingston Upon Thames
- Public sector Planner Transport jobs in Kingston Upon Thames