Deputy Development Manager
Grade K (NSCP 36 – 40) £38,813 - £42,683 per annum
37 Hours per week
Plus National Essential Car User Allowance £963 per annum
Relocation Package Available
Stafford’s growth agenda is placing new demands on the Borough Council’s Development Management service. Large scale housing developments, expanding employment parks, and the potential for a new garden settlement – there’s a lot going on in Stafford.
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career move, Stafford can offer all that and more. With a generous relocation package available, in this new role you will have the responsibility for the day to day delivery of Development Management through two teams of planning case officers and a small planning enforcement team. This is a high profile role with plenty of opportunity to lead.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- You need to be dynamic, highly motivated and innovative, taking a flexible approach to teamwork and the priorities of the service
- You must be confident in your ability to manage, support and develop your staff and be motivated to achieve positive outcomes for our customers
- You should have a proven track record of delivering major development schemes and be confident with taking on delegated authority for decision making
- You must be enthusiastic to work closely with our customers, Councillors and other stakeholders to provide expert advice on all aspects of Development Management
- You will need the ability to play a lead role in appeals, enforcement, major applications and local infrastructure projects and understand the political environment
- Your excellent communication skills are essential in the continuous development and improvement of the service for our customers
- It is essential that you have a full, current driving licence and you will need to have full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers
Closing date for completed applications: Sunday 19 May 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing 3 June 2019