A great opportunity has arisen for a Planning Officer to join a Local Authority within the Development Control Team based in the Midlands.
This role offers you the chance to work in one of the Midlands expanding councils. You will be required to manage a mixed case load of minor to small scale major applications of up to 30 residential units, including an interesting variety of householder, mixed use and change of use schemes.
What your day will look like:
- Conduct pre application meetings
- Managing a case load of minor and small scale major applications
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Attend site visits
- Take on meetings with architects, leading developers and external consultants
- Conducting duty planning
- Assist with negotiation of s106 agreements
You will have:
- A degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject
- Great communication and reporting skills
- Experience as a Development Control Officer at a UK practical planning authority
- UK Drivers' licence
Pay Rate: £28-£34 p/h INSIDE IR35 Umbrella Co
This role is for an initial period of 2-3 months with a view to extend.
If you would like to be put forward for this role please contact Talissa Mbewe at Macdonald & Company on either 020 7318 5877 or by email on
Apply for Planning Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly