Major Development Team Leader
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Major Development Team Leader to join a vibrant local authority based in the Midlands, for an initial period of 6 months with the view to an extension.
This role is a great chance for an experienced Team Leader to manage a caseload of complex and large scale major applications as part of wider regeneration projects. For example, this will include the delivery of new housing schemes, urban extensions, public realm and park improvement schemes and visitor attractions creating approximately 2,000 new jobs.
- Manage a small team of 2 Principal Planners
- Allocate planning applications amongst the team
- Monitor performance of the team, recruitment and budgets
- Deal with complex regeneration and planning matters
- Assist with the delivery of strategic growth by progressing the regeneration projects through the planning assistant
- Briefing elected members
- Representing Council at Committee and public hearings when required
- Compose planning appeal advice
- Execute meetings with leading developers and external consultants
- Conduct creative solutions
Successful candidates will have a full, clean UK driver's licence, excellent communication and reporting skills, a degree in Town & Country planning or in an affiliated subject, with relevant experience managing large scale projects, partnership working, leadership and project management as a Development Control Officer at a UK practical planning authority.
If you would like to be put forward for this role, please contact Talissa Mbewe at Macdonald & Company on either 020 7318 5877 or email