Senior Environmental Planner
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working Senior Environmental Planner with at least 4-years’ experience of planning and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) to join a small but growing consultancy. The candidate should have experience of working in either a specialist planning and/or environmental consultancy or at a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
White Peak Planning is an independent planning consultancy that specialises in managing and delivering complex planning applications and EIAs across a range of industry sectors. Clients include major national housebuilders, developers and infrastructure providers and our projects are located nationwide. The company was set up in 2012 and is based in Didsbury, Manchester. Further information is available at www.whitepeakplanning.co.uk.
As a Senior Environmental Planner, your role will include (but is not limited to):
- Liaison with clients, the project team, local planning authorities and consultees;
- Preparation of planning application forms, notices etc;
- Preparation of Planning Statements;
- EIA Screening and Scoping Requests;
- EIA co-ordination;
- Preparation of Environmental Statements (ESs) and Non-technical Summaries;
- Review of technical reports and ES Chapters;
- Monitoring consultation responses and actioning where necessary;
- Preparing draft planning conditions;
- Mentoring junior members of staff and peer review.
Suitable candidates should have the following:
- A relevant Honours Degree, Masters Degree, or equivalent experience;
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI);
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA);
- Excellent skills in report writing, reviewing and organisation;
- Attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com. If you have any queries, please call Chris Garratt or Rob White on 0845 034 7321. All discussions will be confidential.
Closing date: 5pm on 7th June 2019.