About the role…
Publica is a unique place to work – we’re a local government organisation with a twist!
We are seeking to recruit a Planning Officer to play a key role in delivering the Development Management functions of the Planning section. Key responsibilities will involve being a case officer processing applications submitted to Forest of Dean District Council, the answering of pre-application enquiries and the preparation of written statements for planning appeals and informal hearings.
You will need…
- GCSEs (5 A-Cs or equivalent, including Maths and English)
- Proven experience in local government development control
- Good level of IT skills - MS Office
- Communicates effectively at all levels (excellent verbal and written skills)
- Is customer focussed, responsive, and co-operative with customers
- Is proactive/self-motivated and flexible
- Prioritises and meets tight deadlines
For more information about this role please see the Job Description/Person Specification.
If you have any questions or would like an informal conversation about this position please contact Clive Reynolds, Development Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or who will be pleased to discuss the role with you.
If you feel this is the role for you please email your CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria above to email@example.com
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.
Safer recruitment practices are applied to all job vacancies. Successful candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire; provide references; proof of identity; nationality and immigration status; three years’ employment or education history (if applicable) and, in some cases, verification of criminal record.