Senior to Principal Planner Development Management
A vacancy has arisen in Planning Development Management at Worcestershire County Council for an enthusiastic planner, keen to develop and widen their professional knowledge and experience in our busy Development Management Team. This opportunity has arisen at a particularly interesting time with the new minerals and infrastructure applications expected in 2019 due to the county experiencing high levels of growth.
The role is ideally suited to someone with knowledge and experience of planning, ideally Development Management.
The role will concentrate on these key areas of work:
• Determining County Council's own applications, such as new roads, bridges, railways, schools, and libraries.
• Determining County Matters planning applications.
• Providing pre-application advice to potential applicants, including internal applicants.
• Discharge of planning conditions.
• Contributing to the assessment of strategic planning applications for new housing, employment and infrastructure.
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking individual who is a real team player. The County Council is very positive about the growth agenda with an Open for Business approach whilst protecting the County's environment including fine landscapes, two AONB's, a wide range of habitats and notable cultural and historical heritage. The role will be based at County Hall, Worcester.
Key benefits include a Local Government Pension Scheme, flexible working arrangements and the Council is very positive about facilitating training to further professional career development.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact: Steve Aldridge (Team Manager- Development Management) Tel: 01905 843510 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7 June 2019. Proposed Interview Date 28 June 2019.