Principal Planning Officer
A great opportunity has arisen for a Principal Planning Officer to join an expanding Development Control team at a local authority based in Yorkshire.
The council is working on a major residential development project which aims to increase the volume of affordable housing in the area within the next 4+ years.
How your day will look:
- Managing a mixed caseload of complex medium and up to strategic major applications consisting of residential developments in green belt areas of up to 100 units
- Attend site visits
- Conduct pre application meetings
- Take on meetings with architects, leading developers and external consultants
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate the discharge of conditions and reserved matter applications
- Conducting duty planning
- Negotiate s106 agreements
- UK Driving licence
- A degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject
- Experience as a Development Control Officer at a UK practical planning authority
- Great communication and report writing skills.
Pay Rate: £45.00 per hour INSIDE IR35 Umbrella Co
This role is for an initial period of 3 months with a view to extend, they also offer flexible working days which can be compressed to three days in the office with two from home.
If you would like to be put forward for this role please contact Talissa Mbewe at Macdonald & Company on either 020 7318 5877 or email