Deputy Area Team Manager
Deputy Area Team Manager
Borough of Bexley; we are at the heart of regeneration and change as London moves east. Bexley is planning for unprecedented growth and development. We are looking to attract an ambitious and capable Deputy Area Team Manager leader capable of deputising for the Area Team Manager, presenting at Committee, signing off a range of planning applications under delegated powers and managing a caseload of strategic and high profile planning applications.
Investing in people is important to us, so we offer dedicated training and career development is essential to us.
This role is key for the delivery of the Council’s strategic corporate priorities. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference for our residents, securing 'Growth' with new homes and regenerating our town centres.
You will be ambitious for new opportunities and want to work as part of dynamic and friendly team to meet the Borough’s growth ambitions.
If you’re looking for an exciting challenge in a flexible, modern and accommodating working culture, come and join us on our Journey.
For an informal chat about this post, please call Robert Lancaster on 020 3045 3342.
Bexley is a London Borough with big growth ambitions across the Borough and along Bexley Riverside. We also have award-winning parks, open spaces and listed buildings. We work in a modern office environment in the heart of Bexleyheath.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,277 per annum
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive by clicking on the 'Apply Button' to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers