Experienced Development Planner
Experienced Development Planner
Permanent, full time hours (40 hrs per week)
Start date: Immediate
Would you love to benefit from being able to work flexible hours, as part of a successful business that offers attractive rewards? If so, and you’re an experienced planning professional then this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the winning team at Gladman.
Who will I be working with?
Gladman Scotland is the Scottish trading company of Gladman Developments, the UK’s largest land promoter. It is part of the wider respected Gladman Group which has been thriving in the development industry for over 30 years. With offices in Scotland and northern England, the business promotes sites nationwide and a significant number of these are contracted and sold within a 3-year period.
The quality focused, family run Gladman Group continues to make significant investment into employees and commercial projects, with ongoing success directly attributed to a strong emphasis on team work and open communication. Each member of the growing workforce of over 180, is valued by the experienced and approachable Management Team, with support and training provided for career development. The Scotland team consists of planners, surveyors, engineers, project managers and researchers focused on land buying, planning and technical support specifically for landowners in Scotland.
So, what will this role entail?
To support, manage and lead on planning input required to promote and deliver the Company's strategic development sites. To assist in the identification and promotion of new strategic development opportunities and advise and support the Directors as required.
- Support, lodge and drive the promotion and deliverability of Scottish strategic development sites through the existing and emerging planning system.
- Prepare and coordinate planning submissions, including planning applications, EIAs, planning appeals (including leading planning appeal evidence), plan representations etc.
- Manage and instruct consultants to an agreed scope of works and manage budgets where required.
- Liaise, consult and negotiate with relevant external organisations, including attendance and leading of public consultation and stakeholder events.
- Mentor, advise and assist colleagues and trainees on planning and development matters.
- Take a lead role in identifying new housing sites throughout Scotland.
- Assist in delivering evidence and research to support future housing sites.
What will I need to be considered for this vacancy?
- Sound working knowledge of the Scottish planning system and of the housebuilding industry.
- Good people management / leadership qualities.
- Be able to work individually as well as being part of a team.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Superb organisational skills with the ability to manage a busy workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute and/ or RICS P&D.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience in consultancy or development company desirable.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Full UK driving licence and own vehicle.
What will I receive in return?
You will be joining a business with a stable history and a longstanding commitment to Scotland.
26 days annual leave plus 9 statutory bank holidays. 5% employer pension contributions and private healthcare are provided.
Gladman operates an optional flexible working scheme with the ability to work a 9 day fortnight
Livingston (West Lothian, Scotland). You will also be required to travel to landowner sites throughout Scotland therefore the chosen candidate should have a clean driving licence and their own car.
For an informal discussion please contact Catherine Wood on 07904 379 425.
Please send CV and covering letter to Jackie Malloy, Office Manager Email: email@example.com.
Apply for Experienced Development Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly