Planning Consultant or Senior Planning Consultant
Pure Town Planning is a successful, forward thinking chartered town planning consultancy based in Bournemouth and Winchester which was formed in 2011 by Matt Annen and Dan Wilden. The consultancy has gone from strength to strength – last year we were Finalists for the RTPI Small Planning Consultancy of the Year award. Visit our website https://puretownplanning.co.uk/ to get a feel for what we get up to.
Due to growing workloads, a superb opportunity has arisen for a Planning Consultant or Senior Planning Consultant to join our Bournemouth-based planning consultancy team.
The right candidate is likely to be a competent planning professional with over two years proven experience within either the public or private sector. Candidates should ideally have achieved Chartered Town Planner status or perhaps in the final stages of working towards it. As well as a detailed knowledge of the planning system, personal qualities should a high level of motivation, customer focus and a commercial awareness.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Initial customer contact and converting new enquiries into instructions
- Proactively seeking new clients and new work
- Confidently leading a range of projects including those of considerable scale and value
- Providing reliable, honest and good quality advice to a range of clients on all aspects of the planning process from inception to completion for residential, commercial and retail based projects
- Producing high quality planning submissions both on applications and appeal liaising with clients, architects and other consultants as necessary
- Managing a range of projects, primarily within Dorset and Hampshire, but occasionally nationwide
- Steering applications through the planning system, liaising with consultees, negotiating with planning officers and making presentations at planning committee.
The successful town planner will be rewarded with this fantastic opportunity, a competitive salary as well as the opportunity to progress their career.
Whilst we are recruiting for our Bournemouth office, we welcome applicants from the surrounding area as for the right candidate we can be flexible on home working and they may be able to split time between home and our Bournemouth office.
Interested? Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively call Matt Annen on 01202 585524 for a confidential conversation regarding this position.
We do not accept candidates through recruitment agencies.