Planning Policy Officer and Senior Planning Officer (Development)
Planning Policy Officer
Senior Planning Officer (Development)
Grade 8 Starting Salary £34,788
Local Plan submitted and Hearings booked for July. What an exciting time to join our team with the prospect of three Garden Communities and assisting with the adoption and implementation of a new Local Plan. This rare and exciting opportunity has arisen because of internal promotion’s and offers the chance to further develop your planning knowledge and strengthen your skillset in a supportive working environment.
Uttlesford has a picturesque rural landscape (with significant development challenges) and we are looking for two experienced Senior Planner’s or someone who is ready to take their career to become a Senior Planner.
One within the Policy Team - as part of the team focusing on delivering a new local plan, the successful candidate can expect to be working as part of a team on:
- Reviewing, updating and commissioning new technical evidence.
- Supporting the Town and Parish Councils with the production of their Neighbourhood Plans.
- Engaging elected Councillors, stakeholders and residents.
- Providing comments on planning applications.
One within the Development Management Team – key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a Case Officer for complex planning applications and appeals including residential and commercial developments
- Taking a proactive project management approach to proposals from pre-application stage to delivery
- Presenting and explaining applications to the Planning Committee
- Applying local and national policy to ensure developments create high quality and sustainable places
- Presenting evidence in planning appeals.
To be successful in these roles you must have excellent interpersonal and IT skills. You will also have a confident methodical and organised approach to your workload, be calm under pressure with the ability to work to strict deadlines.
You will have a degree (or equivalent) in Town Planning, is a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute and will have handled a wide range of planning applications whilst working in a local authority.
Benefit package for the above post includes:
- Paid holidays
- Contributory Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health
- Flex scheme and home working opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Vine extras – Employee discount scheme
- Health and Wellbeing/Time to Change commitment
For an informal discussion please contact:
Policy Role - Stephen Miles Policy Team Leader on 01799 510346.
DM Role - Maria Shoesmith North Team Leader on 01799 510556 or Nigel Brown Development Manager on 01799 51046.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via our online recruitment link which is available on our website by clicking on the 'Apply Button'
Closing date for completed applications is 30 June 2019
Interviews will be held on (Policy) 11 July 2019 and (DM) to be advised
CVs will not be accepted.
We positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community.