Our Planning Service is busy preparing a new local plan, promoting the regeneration of areas of the City and dealing with a range of planning applications central to the economic growth and sustainable future of the city.
We are looking for a self-motivated person with significant development management experience to advise on the development potential of sites, as well as dealing with a range of planning applications for major and non- major development.
- Provide information and advice on allocated areas of expertise and makes recommendations on planning applications or other related areas.
- Lead on specific planning projects on behalf of the planning service.
- Provide policy and technical guidance on planning and related matters to participants in the planning process including the public, members, other officers, businesses, other agencies and professions and other local authorities.
- Undertake site inspections, surveys, research, consultations, negotiations, and engages in public participation.
Requirements of the post
- Recognised Degree or diploma in town planning or able to demonstrate substantial relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Development Management
- Awareness of current issues affecting planning national policy and local developments.
- Experience in town planning sufficient to lead on various projects and/or areas of development/change simultaneously.
- Experience of communicating management, technical and progress information in presentations, proposals, reports and emails.
- Experience of using 3D modelling in SketchUp, graphical mapping and design applications such as AutoCad and Adobe Creative Suite (Desirable).
This a career graded post £19,554 - £33,799 per annum, dependent of experience.
For an informal discussion please contact Bharti Chauhan on 0116 454 3014.
For further information and to apply please click on the 'Apply Button'