Lead Development Manager
Lead Development Manager
Salary £45,774 - £50,424 per annum
The acceleration of growth and development in Knowsley is well underway and we need a talented leader to help us to continue on this journey.
If you are an experienced town planner seeking your next role as a leader, within an exciting and dynamic environment, this role is for you.
We have high profile projects in flight, including the new Shakespeare North Playhouse and the nationally-recognised Halsnead Garden Village. We are also delivering on three Town Centre masterplans and progressing the development of five further sustainable urban extension sites. We have secured over £42m of Combined Authority Single Investment Fund projects to be delivered over the next two years.
Working alongside colleagues from other disciplines, under our successful Invest Knowsley brand (See: https://www.investknowsley.co.uk/ ), you will have the opportunity to be a key part of delivering a range of projects making a positive difference to the future of Knowsley.
In short – a brilliant place to grow your career.
Your primary role will be to lead and manage the Council’s development management team to ensure that it continues to deliver timely, high quality and lawful planning decisions.
The successful candidate will possess a degree level qualification in Town and Country Planning or equivalent and be a member (or eligible to join) the RTPI. They will also have considerable experience of working within a Council Planning Service or an equivalent environment and be able to demonstrate an ability to manage, lead and motivate staff.
The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- Easily accessible location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail from Huyton), with staff car parking permits available;
- Working within a supportive and team orientated environment;
- Extensive training and professional development opportunities;
- 28 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays with an option to purchase up to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave;
- Generous Council pension scheme with an annual employer contribution rate of 14.8%, and;
- Access to working rewards including: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership (with Volair), and a host of other local discounts.
For an informal discussion, please contact Niki Gallagher (0151) 443 2315 or Mark Cawood (0151) 443 2303.
For further details and an application pack, please click on the 'Apply Button'
Closing date: 28 July 2019.