37 hours per week
Grade G (SCP 33 - 37) - £ 32,271 - £35,745 per annum
(Starting salary dependent upon skills and qualifications, progression subject to satisfactory performance)
Are you looking for the opportunity to develop whilst working for one of the country’s leading teams?
Are you looking to be involved in a large scale project?
As a planning professional, you will enjoy being part of a leading planning local authority that is involved in large scale developments such as The Dunton Hill Garden Village Project (creating 4,000+ new homes). You will also assist in the provision of a fair, efficient and quality-driven Development Management service, ensuring that all procedures are followed and targets are met.
As the Planning Officer, you will:
- Have the opportunity to develop your skills and progress within a newly expanded, successful team
- Be computer literate and preferably have experience of working with iDOX
- Be a high performer who can continue with the high performing service at Brentwood
Brentwood has seen a rise in development proposals and recognising the need to expand the planning team we are looking to appoint an organised and motivated Planning Officer to join our busy Development Management Team.
You will be joining a high performing team which is expanding rapidly due to all the exciting new developments that are currently being planned for. Due to the rapid increase, we have felt it necessary to create an extra position of Planning Officer.
In return, you will be in receipt of the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Kaarp Benefits – discounts across restaurants, leading retailers, travel discounts plus many more
- Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Flexible working at the discretion of your line manager
If this role sounds of interest to you, please click the apply button below to upload your CV and Covering Letter detailing how your skills and abilities match our person specification.
Closing Date: 8 September 2019
For an informal discussion please contact Steve Summers on 01277 312629 or email@example.com
Brentwood Council is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. People with disabilities will be offered an interview where they meet the Essential Criteria on the Person Specification.