Assistant Planning Officer - Graduates Welcome
Assistant Planning Officer – Graduates Welcome
Salary of up to £24,799 per annum
Exmoor House, Dulverton, Somerset
Do you have a degree in Town and Country Planning, Geography or similar? Want to significantly increase your skill-set with a supportive organisation and help to protect one of the South West’s most iconic locations? If so, this is a great opportunity to take your next step as an Assistant Planning Officer.
Exmoor National Park Authority is the organisation that manages a unique and beautiful part of the country that has been shaped by nature and people over thousands of years.
From the high cliffs that plunge into the Bristol Channel to the vast moorlands of North Devon, Exmoor offers drama, tranquillity, beauty and adventure. Whether it’s the wild red deer, villages bursting with character or dark skies full of stars, it is a place of rare experiences, stunning vistas and engaging environments.
As an Authority, we fulfil our statutory planning functions in a way that delivers National Park Purposes while contributing to sustainable communities and economies, ensuring that this stunning part of the world is conserved and enhanced for future generations.
We are now looking for an Assistant Planning Officer to join us and support the delivery of our planning service.
- Salary of up to £24,799 per annum
- Government pension
- Flexible working
- Family friendly schemes
- Dog friendly office
- Paid sickness leave
- Social events
- 27 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Annual personal development reviews and quarterly one-to-one meetings
This is an amazing opportunity to develop a rewarding career with an organisation that will support your wellbeing through benefits such as flexi-time, homeworking and a 24/7 confidential employee helpline.
At the start of your journey with us, you’ll receive a comprehensive induction, enabling you to learn more about the organisation, your area of work and other teams in the Authority. You’ll also get to spend a day with a Ranger, giving you the chance to explore Exmoor and discover what makes it so special.
Based in a beautiful wooded valley beside the River Barle, we have one of the world’s most breath-taking work environments. Well-behaved dogs are welcome in our office, so we often go out for lunchtime walks to enjoy the clean country air, recharge and enjoy Exmoor’s beauty.
As an Assistant Planning Officer, you will help to deliver an efficient and community-focused planning service for Exmoor National Park Authority.
Under the direction of the Principal Planning Officer, you will:
- Act as a primary point of contact for public enquiries relating to the acceptability of development proposals
- Process simple planning, listed building, householder and other applications
- Initiate investigations into potential planning control breaches
- Carry out annual surveys, such as the Annual House Price Survey and Housing Land Availability survey
- Represent the organisation at community and parish council meetings and events
- Prepare responses to consultations from local authorities
To join us as an Assistant Planning Officer, you will need:
- A degree level qualification in a relevant subject, such as Town and Country Planning or Geography
- An understanding of planning systems, legislation and National Park policies
- Knowledge of analytical techniques
- The ability to undertake investigations and/or research activities and produce conclusions
- The ability to interpret and apply policies and technical development management standards and guidelines
Other organisations may call this Junior Planning Officer, Graduate Planning Officer, Planning Co-ordinator, Planning Assistant, Assistant Town Planner, Assistant Country Planner, Geography Graduate or Planning Graduate.
The closing date for applications is midday on 30th September 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the 8th October 2019.
As a service provider and local employer, Exmoor National Park Authority is committed to promoting equal opportunities and tackling social exclusion in everything it does. The Authority recognises its statutory equality duties under legislation in terms of service provision and employment and is committed to meet them.
So, if you are seeking your next step as our Assistant Planning Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.