Opportunities at the Office of the Planning Regulator
The Office of the Planning Regulator (OPR) is an independent oversight body that has been established by Government to oversee the functioning and policy consistency of Ireland’s planning process to ensure quality outcomes in relation to proper planning and sustainable development.
The Planning and Development (Amendment) Act 2018 established the legal basis for the OPR and outlines its role and functions, which include the following:
- assessment of local authority development plans and local area plans and regional assembly regional spatial and economic strategies to ensure consistency with relevant regional or national policies;
- reviews of the systems and procedures used by any planning authority, including An Bord Pleanála, in the performance of their planning functions; and
- research, training, education and public information programmes that support the progressive development of Ireland’s planning process.
The OPR is currently recruiting staff to support the discharge of its statutory functions and the conduct of its day-to-day business and this is an exciting opportunity to work in a new public body that will enhance the quality of planning in Ireland, and to ensure the sustainable development of the country into the future.
The OPR is now seeking applications from suitably experienced/qualified candidates to fill the following posts:
1 x ICT Manager (HEO)
3 x Executive Officer vacancies in the following areas:
- Corporate Services Team
- Reviews and Examinations Team
- Local Authority Plans Evaluation Team
Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the Higher Executive Officer role, or email@example.com for Executive Officer roles, or by post to the address below by 29th October at 5pm. Candidates should submit a completed application form, which is available from the link below, and a covering letter.
Office of the Planning Regulator
77 Sir John Rogerson's Quay,
Grand Canal Dock
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 29th October.
For more details and application procedures see https://www.opr.ie/recruitment/