Global is one of the world’s leading Media & Entertainment groups. As the UK’s largest commercial radio company, Global reaches more than 32 million people every week including 25 million on the radio alone through its respected media brands; Capital, Heart, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital XTRA and Gold. Global recently moved into outdoor advertising following the major acquisitions of Primesight, Outdoor Plus and Exterion Media. With over 250,000 outdoor advertising points, Global is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in Europe.
The successful applicant will be required to achieve and maintain planning consents for the roadside advertising displays and to mitigate loss of sites due to planning issues.
Role & Responsibilities
- Conduct site feasibility studies and advising on scheme designs;
- Prepare and submit planning applications in line with Policy, including:
- Instructing architects to produce planning drawings and liaising closely to assemble necessary drawings,
- Preparing detailed planning statements to support applications,
- Seeking pre-application advice where appropriate,
- Liaising with LPAs prior to determination and negotiating amendments where necessary
- Prepare and submit appeals via written representation;
- Defend the company’s position against planning enforcement challenges and Discontinuance Notices as appropriate, liaising with LPAs to resolve disputes and appealing notices where necessary.
- Record, track and report on planning related matters internally
Key Skills & Experience
- Detailed working knowledge of the legislative framework of Planning in England;
- Some knowledge of the legislative framework of Planning in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland;
- Working knowledge of the planning application and appeals processes and the ability to work creatively within the system to achieve results;
- Working knowledge of local authorities’ urban design assessments criteria;
- Awareness of highway safety assessment criteria in relation to planning applications;
- Excellent report writing skills essential;
- Good working knowledge of MS excel
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- Working knowledge of the advertisement control system is desirable but not essential
- 2 years Planning experience in the private sector is desirable although public sector and other experience will be considered.