Minerals Team Manager
If you have a strong background in minerals planning and development management, this is a great opportunity to help conserve and enhance the special landscape of the Peak District.
The Peak District National Park Authority protects, enhances and shares the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the Peak District. We also support the economic and social wellbeing of the communities in which we work.
As the UK’s first National Park, the Peak District has a rich history and has been shaped by the interaction of people and nature over thousands of years. The Park is enjoyed by millions each year looking for adventure, knowledge and a fantastic day out.
The National Park is a diverse site with a unique landscape, from large scale limestone aggregates and underground mines to building stone. We’re currently looking for a Minerals Team Manager to join us and oversee our minerals and waste planning development management activities.
- Salary of £33,799 - £36,876 per annum
- Pension scheme (18.75% employer contribution)
- Offices based in the heart of the National Park
This is an amazing opportunity to help protect the Peak District and ensure it can be enjoyed by people for generations to come.
Joining a team who are passionate about conserving one of the UK’s best treasures, you will have the chance to help shape our development management service and act as the Authority’s expert on minerals planning matters.
So, if you are looking to utilise your expertise for an incredible cause and preserve an outstanding site of natural beauty, we want to hear from you.
As the Minerals Team Manager, you will oversee the team responsible for dealing with development management, monitoring and enforcement in minerals and waste planning matters.
In this key role, you will:
- Develop, lead and manage the performance of your team
- Provide a high-quality development management service that is trusted and respected, whatever the outcome
- Ensure that all development activities comply with the Authority’s regulatory spatial planning framework
- Help the Head of Service to further enhance our development management service
To join us as the Minerals Team Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience in minerals planning
- Experience in a development management role, including the ability to act as the Authority expert and represent the Authority in both formal and informal settings
- Proven experience of managing people and resources and service planning
- Knowledge of the external environment that the National Park Authority operates in, including knowledge of current relevant legislation and the potential impact of government policies and practices and other initiatives on the National Park
- A degree level qualification, ideally postgraduate level, in a relevant environment-based subject
Membership or eligibility for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Minerals Planning Manager, Minerals and Waste Planning Manager, or Minerals and Waste Monitoring Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 27th October 2019.
Webrecruit and the Peak District National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Minerals Team Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.