Principal Major Applications Planner
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Principal Major Applications Planner to join one of London's most vibrant borough councils that are at the forefront of delivering high density major projects.
You will play a vital role managing and processing a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications (150 units +) primarily funded by PPA agreements that includes outline applications, residential led mixed use, commercial and change of use etc. This will also include a host of GLA referable schemes.
Furthermore you will frequently engage with leading developers, architects and consultants to progress major development projects through the planning process from pre app stage onwards.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage and process a caseload of large-scale major and strategic applications
- Facilitate close liaison with major developers, architects and external consultants through paid pre-application meetings.
- Negotiate complex S106 agreements in conjunction with discharging conditions and finalising reserved matters.
- Draft detailed delegated reports and present at committee
- Liaise and work closely with external bodies including the GLA and TFL etc.
The role also offers great flexibility, successful candidate will have the option to work 2 days from home per week.
Successful candidates will have practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner in Development Management with proven track record processing large scale major applications.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and communication skills as well an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and applications.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Elliot Miles on 020 7318 5261 or email displayed below.