Planning Obligations Officer
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
This post is central to delivering the planning obligations function within the Planning Service, to ensure that the growth and development of communities is facilitated in the Borough. Developers enter into legal agreements with the Council to mitigate the impact of their development, including delivering and funding delivery of different types of infrastructure. The Planning Obligations Officer will ensure that obligations are met by developers and financial contributions are collected, allocated and drawn down in accordance with legal agreements by Council departments and external bodies.
- To administrate the Section 106 budget and ensure financial contributions are allocated and drawn down in line with legal agreements.
- To help coordinate the annual reporting of the spend of financial agreements.
- To monitor the progress of developments to support quarterly housing monitoring activities, and to ensure that developers meet their planning obligations according to agreed S106.
- To maintain and improve the monitoring and information systems, the Planning Obligations website and Intranet/Internet Page.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- A degree or equivalent in a related subject (e.g. planning)
- To have postgraduate experience of either working in a planning, accountancy, regulatory or enforcement environment or equivalent
- To have experience working closely with legal services and experience of working with legal documents.
- An understanding of planning law in relation to planning obligations
- An understanding of national planning guidance in relation to planning obligations
- To be able to create, manage and maintain spreadsheets and databases to problem solve and provide information
- To be a good verbal communicator with excellent presentation skills.
Departmental Benefits of this role
- Opportunities for in house training on planning and development matters
- Agile working and mobile technology (e.g. iPad and phone).
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options.
Closing Date: 29th of October 2019
For further details and to apply, please visit the Milton Keynes Council Careers website http://bit.do/Planning-Obligations-Officer and fill in the application form.
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.