To assist in the workload of the Development Management division to efficiently and effectively deliver the core planning services, the Council’s main aims, Key Service Objectives and Targets as set out in the Corporate Plan and Department’s Service Delivery Plan.
- Handle a caseload of minor development management and enforcement work, including planning and other applications, appeals and enquiries of a complexity commensurate with the level of the post and to enable professional development.
- To provide professional advice to and negotiate with, where necessary, applicants and agents on all matters relating to planning applications and enforcement of a complexity commensurate with the level of the post.
- To provide clear advice and instructions to assistant planning officers, enforcement officers and technical support staff who are not directly managed by the post holder.
- To take a broad perspective of all aspects of the planning service and ensure that the work of the Section is integrated with and supports the whole Department
- To undertake appropriate continuing professional development in accordance with an explicit plan
- To implement appropriate policies and procedures to ensure quality in both outcomes and service delivery processes
- To assist in the production of local development framework policies and documents and supplementary planning documents commensurate with the level of the post.
In addition, other duties at the same level of responsibility may be allocated at any time
The Council takes pride in offering equality of opportunity in employment and service provision. It also has a statutory duty to promote equality and all employees must be aware of that duty and work to the Council’s equality standard.