Research & Policy Manager
The Land Promoters & Developers Federation (LPDF) is a collection of the UK’s leading land promotion and development businesses. LPDF members specialise in the promotion and development of predominantly strategic land across the UK, delivering new homes alongside community facilities, employment space, and supporting infrastructure. Housing is one of the most pressing political issues and is at the centre of the government’s domestic policy agenda.
The LPDF support the government policy on housing and planning, preferring a plan-led system that recognises housing needs and supports local authorities in allocating land for development and identifying the need for delivering the key infrastructure required for well-designed new homes and communities.
Our ambition is to enhance the current debate on housing supply, and to dispense with some of the myths and misconceptions around the role of land promoters and developers, who play a crucial role in increasing the supply of housing in the UK, using their financial resources, experience and planning expertise to deliver land with planning permission, ready for developers to build out.
About the Role
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about planning policy, the housing agenda, new home delivery and the economic growth that is needed to help solve the UK’s housing crisis.
You will be responsible for taking forward the next elements of the Federations planning policy and help highlight the role land promoters play in housing delivery.
This is a key position within the Federation and one that brings with it a lot of responsibility but also opportunity.
Working alongside the Policy Director, you will:
- Be responsible for focusing and responding on key Government legislation in relation to planning and new homes
- Co-ordinate the collection, analysis and presentation of data from members highlighting the role played by the sector in housing delivery
- Represent the Federation at a range of meetings and events with key stakeholders within the industry
- Develop effective working relationships with members and other interested parties including local and national government, housebuilders, charities, local residents and other stakeholders
- Enhance the debate on housing supply and be part of the process for finding solutions to solve the housing crisis including monitoring and responding to third party content
- Deputise for the Policy Director as required
- Ensure our members are receiving value for money with regular updates and supporting the Federation Board as necessary
- Provide planning strategy advice to members
- Prepare statements and policy documents on behalf of the Federation
You will be enthusiastic, positive and highly skilled and motivated.
You will understand the underlying political dynamics affecting planning policy and housing delivery and the opportunities and challenges this presents to the Federation and its members.
We are looking for an individual who is data and detail driven with excellent communication, IT, Social Media and organisational skills as well as a strong team-ethic and can-do attitude.
Being outcome focused you will need to demonstrate you have all the necessary qualities, skills and values to fulfil this challenging role.
- You must have gained a minimum of five years post professional Town Planning experience, ideally within a consultancy and/or developer environment
- Some local authority or public sector experience would be desirable
- You should be a graduate who is a full member of the RTPI
- You must hold a full UK driving licence
Find out more about the LPDF at: www.lpdf.co.uk
How to apply
Submit your CV along with covering letter to [email protected]
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Paul Brocklehurst on 01926 836910.